Info: This tote bag captivates you with its minimalist silhouette and ample volume which can easily hold all of your documents or a laptop. Its long handles allow you to wear it comfortably on your shoulder, while its zipper closure ensures the safety of all of your belongings. It can even be folded into the size of a paperback book. Longchamp drew its inspiration from origami when creating Le Pliage, a light, foldaway bag that has since become a cult object worldwide. The Le Pliage line comes in a multitude of shapes and sizes, and in a dozen or so colors each season. Ideal for everyday use, Le Pliage is light as a feather, folds away to the size of a paperback, and is durable enough to keep all your essentials close at hand.
Where can I get it? Longchamp
Best for those who:
- Want a light weight tote for everyday use
- Need a shoulder bag that can hold documents, laptops, tablets, and more
Product Range: 5/5
- Offered in approximately 12 different colours
- Longchamp also came out with variations of the classic Le Pliage Nylon
- Neo, limited editions, personalizations, etc.
Wear and Tear: 5/5
- For the price you pay, quality is out of the world amazing
- I personally own the red and black one. I have had the black one for 3+ years, and red one for over a year.
Product Practicality: 4/5
- Two main complaints about the practicality of the bag
- Unlike most totes, it does not come with a pouch. The bag is deep, and it gets very frustrating to look of a compact wallet, a phone charger, or some earbuds. The fact that it’s nylon does not help with the structure to keep it stable while going through the inside of the bag.
- One of the leather handles keeps falling off when you wear it over your shoulder, especially if the bag is not heavy enough.
- Water resistant, easy to remove stain
- Foldable for ease to carry around
- Fits a ton of stuff
Other comments: 4/5
- It’s my most used tote bag. The fact that it carries a ton of stuff makes it the perfect work bag and school bag.
- It doesn’t cost you a ton, so you won’t feel obligated to baby it. and it is definitely not a bag to baby.
- Since it’s made out of nylon, sturdy but thin nylon, I dislike the fact that it shows every edge and corner. It can sometimes dig into the sides of my body if there’s no “padding product” like a laptop between me and other items inside the bag.
- It’s really a work/school bag. The fact that it is not structured whatsoever makes it hard to carry without books or a laptop to structure it.
I LOVE my Le Pliage. In terms of practicality, it is a 5/5 in my books. I have dedicated my two babies for 3+ years of school and work; however, I do notice that I really never use them outside of school and work, unless I hit up a coffee shop…for school and work. It’s a staple for me, and it will always be.
- Prada Tote Bag
- Thicker material
- More structured
- Has compartments
- Less colours
- Lululemon Everywhere Open Tote
- Has compartments
- Larger in size
- Less pricy
- More geared towards casual use