Imagination is something powerful, something that can do wonders to our brain. It can be good, or it can be bad. The feeling of disappointment is awful, and I am never one to let my mind go off too much, wish for things that may never happen. But I do at times wondered how things would be different if the past was no longer the past, that I could rewrite history, and redo all the regrets I still regret to this day.
1. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Price: USD28.00 / CAD31.00
- Silky powder that instantly blurs the under eye area
- Extremely fine powder that will not look cakey
- Obvious immediate brightening effect
- You get a lot of product since you only need a bit each time
- Secure packaging with no leakage
- Avoids mascara smudging on the under eye area
- Can have some degree of creasing, depends on your under eye area and the concealer you use
Why it made it to my BotW: I have been obsessed with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette for setting my under eyes, but when it comes to some extra glam and brightening, with some extra attention there, this product is my go to. This is my second jar, and the first one lasted me a whole year!
2. MAC Lipstick in Lustering
Price: USD18.50.00 / CAD23.00
- Non-drying Lustre formula
- Opaque, semi-glossy finish
- Lasts ~3.5 hours on the lips
- Perfect spring and summer shade
- I find MAC lipsticks to go bad quicker in general
Why it made it to my BotW: This is that type of shade that is wearable with all kinds of makeup, whether you’re ready for a girls night out, a dinner date, or just going to the bank. Apply it straight from the tube and it’s a nice floral vibe, dab it with your fingers and it looks like your healthy lips!
3. Urban Decay Naked3 Palette
Price: USD54.00 / CAD66.00
- One of my all time favourite eyeshadow formulas is by Urban Decay, and this palette lives up to the standard
- There is no single shadow that “does not perform like others”
- Every shade in this palette is stunning
- Secure packaging with a big mirror
- Shades suitable for medium or lighter skin tones
Why it made it to my BotW: I own every single Naked Palette except for the heat; although I love all 3, this is the one I use the most, the one that I always take with me on vacation. Why? It can create ANY makeup look I want, whether it’s a smokey eye, or a natural wash. You can do so much with it.
4. OLEHENRIKSEN Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel
Price: USD48.00 / CAD58.00
- A little goes a long way
- It does make a different for your skin
- Skin feels smoother and brightened the next morning
- Secure turn cap that is good for travelling
- It smells funny and it can string your skin
Why it made it to my BotW: I don’t know how many bottles of these I have used up, it’s one of those treatments that I use at night that simply works. I use it once a week, that’s it. It refreshes my skin, and make me feel like a new person!
5. Tiffany Infinity Endless Bracelet
Price: USD235.00 / CAD320.00
- Cute, thin accessory that doesn’t scream “brand name”
- Subtle yet classy
- Very durable, I have tugged on it aggressively many times
- Amazing for doubling with another bracelet
Why it made it to my BotW: Sometimes my wrists need a break from my heavier bracelets and this is perfect. It’s such a low key yet classic bracelet from Tiffany, and a perfect match with any outfit since it is entirely silver!