Weather is fluctuating +/-0 Celsius these days, and it definitely puts me in an irritating mood. I have all my spring clothes ready to wear, but I can’t convince myself to freeze my a** off in this weather just to put away my winter jacket. I’ll wait..just 1 more week, or 2, or 3.
Before we dive into the exiting reveal of the goodies, remember that you can click into the title of each product for a more detailed review. Full ingredient lists, prices, links, product information can all be found there!
So here are the products that made to the final cut of my Week 1 favourites!
- Good for all skin types except for very dry or very oily
- Medium-building coverage, yet VERY natural looking
- Blends seamlessly into the skin with finger tips or a sponge (BeautyBlender)
- Does not crease into fine lines
- Wears comfortably, and beautifully for 7h+
- Does not transfer easily
- Beautiful packaging with a well-controlled pump (it’s easy to do half a pump, or a quarter of a pump)
- SPF 20
- Less than standard amount (0.8 fl oz.)
- Slight fragrance scent
Why it made it to my BotW: This is probably the most comfortable foundation I’ve used. It is slightly on the thinner side in terms of consistency, and it doesn’t sit on the skin; it melts into the skin and works with your natural oils. The fact that it lasts so long throughout the day wows me. It is my favourite foundation at the moment.
- Affordable, yet works effectively
- Packaging – easy to dispense onto a cotton pad
- Not accessible to everyone / always out of stock on Sephora.ca
- Sun protection is a must while using this product
Why it made it to my BotW: I use the every other night before I sleep, and I wake up with plumped skin. I love the result it gives for such an affordable price.
- Absorbs into the skin within 1 minute
- Great for dry skin
- Accessible (sold at most major drugstores and grocery stores) and affordable
- Not suited for those with severely dry skin
Why it made it to my BotW: I prefer my showers done in the morning, before I head out, and I’m usually in a bit of a rush. Having a moisturizing lotion that also absorbs fast enough for me to dress right after is a win win!
4. Laura Mercier Eye Color in Cashmere
- Unique colour, suitable for over-the-lid wash, or crease shade
- Not powdery, zero fall out
- Sturdy packaging
- Generous sized mirror
- Easy to blend
Why it made it to my BotW: When I’m in a bit of a time crunch, but I still need to look somewhat presentable, I dust this over my lid, bringing it up to the crease, and it gives my brown eyes a nice pop of enhancement.
- Zero transfer, zero smudge
- Stays in put for 9hr+
- No weird mascara scent
- No clumps
- Does not hold a strong curl
Why it made it to my BotW: I knew I was going to hate the mascara when I saw the brush. It was going to the trash anyways, so why don’t I try it out for the sake of it? By the end of the day, I was in love. This is the first non-waterproof mascara that had no transfer on me.
6. NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien
- Feels like you’re not wearing anything on the lips, super comfortable
- Flattering colour for asian skintone
- Long-lasting, non-drying formulation
- Requires sharpening
Why it made it to my BotW: This shade is so flattering on my light-medium asian skin, and it goes well with many looks. This has been my go-to lipstick whenever I don’t know what to wear.
I hope you guys all enjoyed my first post. Please leave a comment, or shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions or recommendations. Have an awesome week and stay caffeinated!