I’m in the middle of my China trip, exploring the west side of China. I’m on my own, doing this travelling thing by myself. I needed this break from the break I was already taking. You know, away from the social media, because China banned them all; also because I’m tired.
I feel like an old soul. I’ve cried, and I’ve laughed. I have gone though what might have felt like hell, while giving up what was heaven. I was blinded by the devil, and taken back by the angel.
“If your ghost pulls you apart
And it feels like you’ve lost who you are
My love, there’s no need to hide
Just let me love you when your heart is tired”
And I did, love myself.
1. NARS Bronzer in Casino
Price: USD40.00 / CAD52.00
- Lasts 6 hours +
- Easy to blend and layer
- Can use it as an overall bronzer with light hand, or a dark buildable contour
- Great for medium skin
- Shatters easily
- Broke 2 already when I dropped it on the floor
Why it made it to my BotW: Completely obsessed with bronzers every summer, and this is what I am using throughout my Asia trip. Beautiful sun kissed glow that makes me feel confident and pretty.
2. MAC Lipstick in Hot Tahiti
Price: USD18.50.00 / CAD23.00
Links: MAC Cosmetics
- Non-drying Glaze formula
- Buildable from glossy sheer look to glossy opaque look
- Lasts ~3 hours on the lips
- Creamy and easy to apply
- One of the most wearable “reddish” shades
- I find MAC lipsticks to go bad quicker in general
Why it made it to my BotW: I like to describe this as a “wearable, subtle reddish shade”. It doesn’t scream “China bride”, or “Bloody Mary”. When I want a soft, easy to pair red, this is my to go. It’s the type of red that makes you look sophisticated.
3. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Price: USD22.00 / CAD25.00
Links: Shu Uemura, Sephora
- Perfect shape for Asian eyes
- Comes in the original silver, along with frequent limited editions
Why it made it to my BotW: I have long eyelashes but it looks like I have none if I don’t curl them, because they point straight to the front! Eyelash curlers are a life changing tool for me, and the shape of the Shu’s curler is perfection!
4. Neutrogena® Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream
Price: USD16.00 / CAD20.00
Links: OLEHENRIKSEN, Sephora
- Best for normal to dry skin
- Nourishes your skin overnight
- Inexpensive and available at most drugstores!
- It smells funny
- Jar packaging
Why it made it to my BotW: I use treatments every other night, and this every other night that I am not using a treatment. It brings my sensitive, treated skin back to feeling nourished and soft. Love how it’s available at any drugstore, and frequently on sale!
5. Tory Burch Jelly Thong Sandals
Price: USD138.00 / CAD160.00
Links: Tory Burch
- Cute design perfect for the summer
- Gold hardware that makes it look even prettier
- Holds up to wears very well
- Hard sole not ideal for long walks
- Hard to drive in
Why it made it to my BotW: A throw-on and head-out kind of slippers, love pairing it with a long dress, jeans, or even shorts.