Currently in China, exploring the west side of this massive, complicated country. I’m learning so much from this whole solo trip thing I’m doing that’s continents away from home. Life is short, and I’d be an a**hole if I tell you to just give up what you’re doing and go explore the world. But this trip is really making me rethink about the purpose of life. How I wish things can slow down, so I can fully enjoy every moment of this precious life.
Enough with being all philosophical, I’m excited to share this week’s favourites.
Heavy words are hard to take
Under pressure precious things can break
How we feel is hard to fake
So let’s not give the game away
1. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
Price: USD30.00 / CAD35.00
- Sits well on top of foundation or any sort of base for extra coverage
- Does not cake with your base (unless you go overboard with a heavy hand or a dense brush)
- Can also be used as a powder foundation
- Tons of product that will last you a very long time
- Good shade range
- Medium coverage
Why it made it to my BotW: I used to wear a medium-full coverage foundation with a translucent powder over. I still do that occasionally, but I’m also starting to appreciate the scars and flaws of my face. I find it exhausting to look flawless 24/7. So I’m currently loving my light base with my Garnier BB Cream, some concealer, and a dust of this powder that provides a tint of extra coverage.
2. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick in 67
Price: USD37.00 / CAD43.00
Links: Sephora, YSL Cosmetics
- Creamy, non-drying formula
- Stunning colour payoff
- Opaque in 1 swatch
- Lasts ~4 hours and leaves a stain behind
- Smells like mangoes!
- Beautiful packaging
Why it made it to my BotW: I’m a sucker for YSL lip products, this is not a secret from all the times I have raved about them. I haven’t tried a single YSL lip product that has not wow-ed me. The sleeking tube and beautiful formulation makes it an idea travel lippie. It’s lasting power is amazing for a creamy lipstick.
3. NARS Blush in Amour
Price: USD30.00 / CAD38.00
Links: NARS Cosmetics, Sephora
- Lasts ~7 hours
- So much product
- This is my most used blush in my collection, and I bought this about 4 years ago, yet I don’t even see a dent!!!
- Gives a soft focus, blurred look without it being shimmery
- Blendable over powder
Why it made it to my BotW: Now we’re talking, my most used blush of all time. I love NARS Blush formula, but unfortunately many of the shades I have tried from them did not work well, such as Orgasm, and Super Orgasm. Amour is hands down the most flattering shade for my NC20-NC30 skin tone. It’s a dusty rose shade that can be built from a nature flush, to hot summer heat cheeks!
4. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Price: USD8.70 / CAD10.00
- Amazing price for a big bottle
- Effective for skins that need a bit of Glycolic
- Not harsh, one of the more gentle Glyolic solutions I’ve used
- User friendly bottle that lets you dispense the liquid easily on a cotton pad
- Hard to get your hands on
- Sephora recently stopped carrying them and we need to go to the few stores in Toronto to get them
Why it made it to my BotW: I use this every 2 nights as my toner and I’ve been loving it. When I visited Deciem the last time, I made sure to grab 2 bottles as back up! If you just started in the skincare world, The Ordinary is a great brand to look into.
5. Babaton Corbett Romper
- 100% silk
- Perfect for summer wear and layering
- Soft material that is good for sensitive skin
- Also comes in 3 other colours with XXS-XL
Why it made it to my BotW: Babaton is my favourite brand that Artizia carries. I would totally purchase everything they have if I could! This romper has been my favourite, whether it’s wearing it in Toronto, or on my vacation in China. It flows with my body and gives me this airy, happy vibe.
One thought on “Week 16: Slow It Down”
Reblogged this on LIFE BY ANDY.
LikeLiked by 1 person