Price: CAD110.00 -175.00/USD95.00 -130.00
Black & Gold Heart Patch T-Shirt: Short sleeve cotton jersey t-shirt in black. Rib knit crewneck collar. Signature embroidered appliqué in gold-tone at bust. Tonal stitching.
Navy T-Shirt: The first Play collection in navy. Six new designs featuring variations of the much loved Play logo.
Where can I get it? Dover Street Market, SSENSE, Nordstrom
Best for those who:
- Want a high quality t-shirt with minimal design
Product Range: 5/5
- I gotta give it to CDG, they have an amazing range of colours, designs, and colour combinations
- Aside from the t-shirts, they also come in similar-styled cardigans and long sleeves
Wear and Tear: 5/5
- 100% cotton
- Hand wash, but to be honest I have machine washed them with cold water a few times and they still hold up perfectly
- Does not stretch out
- Material is sturdy, hold up to wears, and washes nicely
- I have had the navy for almost 4 years, and the black for almost 2 years
Product Practicality: 3/5
- Geared towards slim to average body type
- I am usually an XS and I wear S
- Shirt is designed slim fit
- There are too many cotton t-shirts out there that are similar in quality but at a lower price point
- Hand wash
Other comments: 4/5
- Size up 1 size
- Different sizing convention sold in different countries
- I am a S in North America, but L in Japan
- Collar is slightly small so some might find it tight around the neck
I love my CDGs, but I do not think they are worth it for everyone out there. If you have an average or larger build, you might find the fitting to be too tight and uncomfortable. It’s a Japanese brand, and they are definitely designed to be geared towards Asian body types. On the other hand, the quality is superb and it is amazing how they have held up in the past few years. I have worn each to death and they still look amazing.
2 thoughts on “Review: Comme Des Garçons Play T-Shirts”
Hi, loved the review, just wondering what alternatives are there to CDG that match it’s quality? I am a minimalist and I love my white CDG tee and it’s so sturdy, I’d love to recycle my current T-shirt’s that are wearing out and replace them with durable T-shirt’s, thanks 😊
I just bought a cdg play shirt that fits perfectly. I plan on washing in cold and hang drying. Did yours shrink at all?