It’s been a stressful week, with the weather dropping below 0 Celsius again, and lot’s of things going on in life. I didn’t have much time to sit and enjoy some me time, and I really need to start organizing my schedule and my planning. Lots of rushing, and lots of “no time for this”; here is my stressful week essentials that really helped me get by for the past 7-ish days.
1. YSL Volupté Tint-in-Balm in 5 Dare My Plum
- Easy to apply
- Buildable coverage, from light to medium
- Moisturizing and light weight
- Lasts on the lips and leaves a slight tint for about 3 hours
- Smells like mangoes-peaches
- Beautiful packaging
- The balm “middle area” can potentially crack from the outer coloured area
Why it made it to my BotW: This is a no-brainer favourite, and one of my favourite lipstick/tinted lipbalm formulas. I’m not a fan of lipsticks that feel like they are just a layer sitting on top of my lips. The Tint-In-Balm actually sinks into your lips, and make them feel hydrated and soft. I love how I can apply this without a mirror, because it’s just so fool proof!
- You only need a teeny tiny bit (very spreadable)
- Blends into your (non-powder) foundation or your skin seemlessly
- Brightens your entire face without looking like you are trying to be JLo/KimK
- Nature, subtle, but obvious enough to make a difference
- Lasts 7+ hours
- You can set it with a powder, and it would still show under certain lightings
- You get a ton of product for a high price, and it will definitely expire before you use it all up
Why it made it to my BotW: There were days I felt dead, inside and out. I looked like I got hit by a truck, and barely survived a tornado. I saw this tube looking lonely on my desk, so i squeezed out a tiny bit and dabbed it on my cheek bones, down the nose and in the center of my chin. I immediately looked brightened, put together, and glowing from within. This is some magic potion.
- Good for normal-dry skin
- Extremely fast absorbing for a relatively thick consistency
- No scent/fragrance
- Drugstore price! Can be found at most drugstores
- Easy to use pump that locks when you twist it; awesome for travelling
Why it made it to my BotW: I sometimes just slap this on my face with no treatments, serums, or toners beneath it, and it performs just as well. My skin is never let down and it has become my go-to daytime moisturizer. One pump on the finger tips, slather it around my face, and it absorbs within seconds and I’ll be ready for sunscreen and foundation.
4. BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealer in Praline
- Medium-full coverage
- Blends seamlessly into skin, over dry and oily areas
- A tiny bit goes a long way (I have been consistently using it for ~10 months)
- Does not wear off or fade throughout the day; stays put
- Might not be great for undereyes (too thick)
Why it made it to my BotW: It’s just a concealer for blemishes that work. It doesn’t do anything funny, and it doesn’t try to. It works new pimples that are a bit oily, it works on healing scars that are dry and flaking. I apply it with a pointy brush and blend it out with my finger tips. 1, 2, 3 and I’m good to go!
5. MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Brown Ebony
- Tiny brush perfect for filling in brows
- Lasts 5-7 hours
- Layers well on top of other brow products
- Does not make brows hard and crunchy
- Brush might be too thick for gals with skinny brows
- Not full coverage/opaque colour
- Don’t get a lot of product
Why it made it to my BotW: I usually wear two layers of brows, one pencil to fill it in, and then I set it with a brow gel to “enhance” and give them a finished sleek look. This does the job. Then there are days where i just put on some brow gel, dab a bit of tinted lip balm and run out the door. This isn’t so full coverage that it makes me look like a clown to wear on a no makeup makeup day!
6. GAP Modern Tank Top in Crayon True Indigo
- The softest tank top material I’ve ever felt
- 100% cotton
- Price, and they always have 40% off, 50% off
- Perfect for layering
- Stretchy but body hugging
Why it made it to my BotW: My best friend for in between seasons – perfect for layering! I love wearing this under a big and soft cardigan. If things get a bit hot, I can still rock it with just this soft tank. If I’m stepping out into the cold, a sweater over it is my go to. You can’t go wrong with this cheap, classic tank.