What is better than finally feel the sunshine on your skin after 6 months+ of snow, and snow blizzard, and icy snow? I am in the best mood I have been for a while, and simply because everything in my life has improving, including the weather. I’m tossing out negativity out the window, and only positivity, happiness, and good vibes in my dictionary.
Remember that you can click into the title of each product for a more details. Full ingredient lists, prices, links, product information can all be found there!
1. HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Blush Collection in Diffused Heat
- Super soft formula; finely milled
- Buildable, blendable, and not overly pigmented
- Blush colour mixed with a bit of shimmery-highlight that gives a soft, diffused blushing look
- Great colour for year round
- Only lasts 4-5 hours
Why it made it to my BotW: I needed a pop of colour, nothing too crazy like green on my lids, but something to brighten up the look and the mood since some days are above 0 degrees Celsius. I rarely reach for shimmer blush, it’s just not my cup of tea. But every year around spring, all I want to reach for is something shimmery on my cheeks. This HG blush is the only one I’ve been reaching for – it screams “spring is here, and I’m so ready for it!”
2. BENEFIT COSMETICS Hoola Matte Bronzer
- Perfect matte bronzer for light to light-medium skin tone
- Blendable and natural looking on the skin
- Lasts 6 hours +
- Can also be used as an overall bronzer (light dust across the face)
Why it made it to my BotW: Hoola is my all time favourite matte powder bronzer. It’s versatility is unbeatable. When I self-tan in the winter, I use this as an overall bronzer so I don’t need to buy multiple shades of all my winter foundations. I also use this to contour my cheekbones, the parameter of my face, and my collar bones. You can never use too much of this because it blends out like butter.
3. L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Waterproof Mascara in Black
- Truly waterproof, I have survived walking in moderate rain for 10 minutes
- Does not smudge
- Holds the curl for 12 hours
- Available at any drugstore, and always on sale
- Not very voluminous
- Had to layer since the formula is on the drier side and sets within seconds
Why it made it to my BotW: It deserves a mention after using this mascara religiously for more than a year. I have gone through tubes of this, and currently just opened my 7th one. (Low key have 3 more back ups) My lashes are stubborn, and this is the only drugstore mascara that does not smudge, and also holds a curl for 12 hours.
4. BOBBI BRWON BB Cream SPF 35 in Fair
- Exactly what a BB Cream should do – light coverage, SPF, skin care ingredients
- Easy to apply (I just slather it on with my fingers)
- Does not settle into poors
- Good for most skin types except for very dry and very oily
- Odd wheat-like (?) scent
- VERY limited shades
Why it made it to my BotW: This is my second tube and I’m almost done. It’s just a fuss free, easy to apply BB Cream that also gives me additional SPF. Spring is here and I’m layering my sunscreen like there’s no tomorrow, but we always have days where we forget to apply or re-apply. I love how this ensures the SPF I need in the morning, as well as additional skin care benefits. My skin feels super comfortable while wearing this.
5. J.Crew Cashmere Scarf (Seasonal)
- 100% Cashmere, high quality cashmere for the price you pay
- Super soft
- Does not pill
- Handles rain and snow very well
Why it made it to my BotW: This might be too “light” for some as a winter scarf, but I wear this whenever my neck needs some protection from the fierce wind. It does a perfect job blocking any cold and wind, plus the softness really spoils my sensitive neck. I generally think most J.Crew products are over-priced for the quality, but I would purchase this scarf again at full price. The quality of the cashmere is superb for the price they put on it.
One thought on “Week 3: Season-Changing Week”
Nice post thhanks for sharing