Info: A revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain.
Best for those who:
- Wants a long lasting lip colour that will leave behind a stain
- Not opaque
- High shine when initially applied (can be blotted down or worn down to a stain)
Product Range: 4/5
- Comes in ~37 shades (depends on where you look for), but extremely lack of nudes, and berries
- Mostly pink, coral, and some shade of red dominant
- Offers shimmers, and non-shimmers
- Hands down THE MOST long lasting product I’ve ever used
- Darker shades tend to last longer than lighter ones
- The stain will stay put, and will not get patchy after eating and drinking
Colour Payoff: 4.5/5
- Hard to get an opaque colour like liquid lipsticks, but it does not market as one so I don’t expect it to be
- Hard to build up the colour
- Can be worn sheer over a lip balm, blotted down, or wear it like a glossy, high shine stain
- Stay true to colour throughout the day
Other comments: 4.5/5
- Easy to use applicator
- Make sure you check the expiry and toss them when it goes bad! I have never seen other lip products go bad as fast as these due!
- Can be used over dry lips as long as you prime it with a good lip balm
- Does not emphasize any lip wrinkles
I love YSL Glossy Stains! In my past makeup history, I have owned in total 5 of these suckers. 2 were tossed after they started smelling weird, but I will keep purchasing them. I really hope YSL can expand their shade range towards more berries!
Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Aqua / Water, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Ethylcellulose, Sorbitan Stearate, Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Calcium, Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Benzyl Benzoate, Anise Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Fragrance. May Contain: Ci 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 15850/ Red 7, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 17200 / Red 33, Ci 15985 / Yellow 6, Caramel, Ci 42090/ Blue 1, Ci 19140/ Yellow 5, Ci 75470/ Carmine