It feels like I’m complaining about the weather every single week. It’s mid-April, and it’s snowing. I’m just going to do my best to ignore the harsh wind on my face and remain in my spring mode. On the bright side, I just finished planning an upcoming trip, and I am SOOO EXCITED! I will *obviously* do a post or two on it!
Remember that you can click into the title of each product for a more details. Full ingredient lists, prices, links, product information can all be found there!
1. TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Natural Beauty
- Lasts 9 hours +
- Stays true to colour
- Easy to blend, and build up the colour
- Good range of shades to choose from
- Soft, blendable, non-chalky formulation
Why it made it to my BotW: Tarte’s Amazonian Clay blushes are my favourite blush formula, they last the whole day for me and stay true to colour. It’s so easy to wear it as a sheer, barely there blush, or you can easily build it up to something glam and sexy. I’m a sucker for matte blushes, and Tarte did a perfect job with these.
2. CHRISTIAN DIOR ADDICT EXTREME LIPSTICK in Lucky
- Moisturizing, creamy
- Leaves a subtle stain behind when the shine wears off
- High shine that can be blotted down
- Beautiful packaging, will not “accidentally open” and ruin your purse
- Formula is slippery
- Not buildable
Why it made it to my BotW: I’m loving Dior’s Lucky for it’s shade, and to be quite frank, I’m not a fan of the Dior Addict Extreme line. It’s a bit too glossy, and slippery for a lipstick for me, but the blotted down stain is the perfect colour for spring. It’s a universal shade that can make anyone appear younger!
3. Origins Eye Doctor Moisture Care For Skin Around Eyes
- Light weight, moisturizing, creamy
- Absorbs quickly into the skin
- A tiny bit goes a long way, a thin layer does the job just as well
- Jar packaging
Why it made it to my BotW: Aside from dark circles and eye bags, I also have dry and sensitive skin around my eyes. I’m not really at the age to look for any anti-aging or anti-wrinkle products yet, but moisturizing is definitely my #1 requirement for an eye cream. I use this every night before bed and wake up soft, jelly-like skin. The dryness I had around my eyes hasn’t been back since I started using this.
4. MAKE UP FOR EVER Brow Gel in 45 Dark Brown
- Brush provides flexibility in terms of how you want to use it
- One side has long and tapered bristles for more of a shaping purpose
- The other side is your regular short bristles to fill in the brows
- Has micro-fibre/eyebrow looking particles, so it’s perfect for a fuller brow look
- Packaging – you won’t be wasting any products
- Stays in put for 8 hours+
- Water resistant
- Shade range
- I got the darkest shade available and it’s still very brown
- Nothing geared towards those who have really dark coloured brows
Why it made it to my BotW: It’s one of those no-brainer products that I can just throw on my brows and look like I just spent a good 5 minutes shaping them. For eyebrow gels, I’m really not one to look for the best of the best. It either works for me, or it doesn’t. What surprised me was, it rained unexpectedly twice this week, and I survived both with this on my brows.
5. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light 2 Vanilla
- Creamy, easy to blend even with fingertips
- Great range of shades with different undertones
- Brightens up the under eye immediately
- Medium coverage
- A tiny bit goes a long way
- Creases easily
Why it made it to my BotW: I dab three gentle dots on my under eye and it brightens up my entire face. I blend it with my finger, and it gets the job done perfectly. The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is definitely a dupe, at ~1/3 of its price, with just a bit less coverage.
6. Wilfred Léandre Cardigan in Lucite
- Sturdy, yet gentle to the skin
- 75% cotton from Italy, 25% nylon
- Durable, comfortable, breathable
- Can be dressed up, or dressed down
Why it made it to my BotW: I’m officially obsessed with this piece after rediscovering it in my wardrobe. I remember buying it but didn’t know how to pair it with. I currently like wearing it with some yoga pants and a t-shirt underneath for a slouchy, everyday look. I also wore a v-neck top and jeans/dress pants under for a more business casual look.