I did a ton of spring cleaning this week, and finally put away my winter clothes, rotating my spring clothes into my closet. How exciting! It’s that time of the year where I can really show off my sense of fashion – whether it is booties with denim shorts, or crop top with a hoodie. No one will really judge because we are just all so tired of the thick layers. And of course, it’s time to pack on some colourful shadow with overly highlighted cheeks.
Remember that you can click into the title of each product for a more details. Full ingredient lists, prices, links, product information can all be found there!
1. HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Palette
- Suitable for all skin types
- An “open book” to what you want to do with the three shades, whether it’s to highlight, set your foundation, bronze up, or use as an eyeshadow
- Very finely milled
- Natural, subtle, yet elegant on the skin
- Product lasts forever
- Cheap plastic packaging definitely does not feel like it is worth CAD70.00
Why it made it to my BotW: I use Dim Light (the first shade) as a foundation / BB cream finishing powder to make my look more radiant, and a notch glammed up. It makes my skin looks photoshopped. I use Incandescent Light (the middle shade) to set my undereye, and it has been my go to undereye powder since I got this palette. It does an amazing job preventing my mascara from transferring, and my eyeliner from smudging, and no more creases! Then I use Radiant Light (the last shade) as a bronzer, dusting it around my face and down the bridge of my nose. Such a versatile palette, how can I not love!
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter
- No fallout
- Beautiful texture that goes on the skin beautifully
- It can be applied lightly to almost look like second skin
- Stunning, breath taking packaging that feels sturdy
- Only certain brushes will work with this highlighter
- Not a dense, wet looking highlighter
Why it made it to my BotW: It’s not Becca’s powder highlighter, where you apply it on your skin and it can probably blind a street of people. It’s something that reflects under the light and make you look pretty, like a princess. I was never a fan of these “sheer” highlighters, but I’m starting to like it for the spring, since I don’t want to look J-Lo all the time with Becca’s Opal!
3. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Set to Stun
- Lasting power (WOW!)
- Lasts 8 hours + on my lids
- No fallout (WOW!)
- No creasing, with or without a primer
- Buttery, beautiful formulation
- Can be easily applied with finger tips or a flat eyeshadow brush
- The shade is super multi-dimentinal
Why it made it to my BotW: We don’t sell Colourpop in Canada in stores, and $50 free shipping for $5 eyeshadows? I’m iffy about that. I don’t want to be stuck with 10 eyeshadows and not liking any of them. During my recent trip to Phoenix, and I stopped by an Ulta in Tempe (of course) and saw a little “station” with Colourpop Cosmetics. Very limited selection but I was eager to finally get my fingers in all the shadows. The moment I swatched Set to Stun, I was in love. It screamed “SPRING”, “GO OUT AND BE WILD” to me, and in my basket it went.
4. Sum Bum Lip Balm in Watermelon
- Provides great SPF of 30
- It layers nicely under a lippie
- Cute packaging
- A great variety of scents
- Tastes weird if you accidentally eat it
Why it made it to my BotW: Sunscreen is our best friend, and your lips need sun protection too. I always lean towards lip balms that provide some sort of SPF, and when the sun is getting stronger these days, this is the only lip balm I have been reaching before I go out. I always wear it under my lip colours.
5. Alexander McQueen Classic Silk Chiffon Skull Scarf in Pink Silk Skull
- Super soft and gentle on the skin
- 100% silk
- Amps up any outfit, whether it’s casual leather jacket with jeans, or a little black dress
- Can be used an an accessory as well as a useful scarf to keep the neck area warm
- Versatile – I have seen people using it as a belt
- Classic, timeless piece from Alexander McQueen
- Delicate (since its 100% silk)
Why it made it to my BotW: I have had the scarf for almost 6 years, and I don’t baby it. In fact, I don’t baby any of my high-end purchases. My AM scarf has held up beautifully, and it is a must have piece for me in spring. I love pairing it with most of my outfits, and I don’t feel me without this!
2 thoughts on “Week 8: Sun’s Out I’m Out”
Reblogged this on LIFE STORY'S FROM LINCOLN.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Andy!