This week is about having fun, loving myself, and finding positivity in life. I’m not very used to this freedom. I schedule my days to do basically whatever I want. Being used to having a terribly pact daily schedule, last thing I should be doing is complaining. But it’s difficult waking up to an open schedule – I can go grab some coffee, I can make myself breakfast, I can read a book, heck I can even go back to sleep!
I tried to be productive every day, going on and really trying to understand life. As the weather is heating up, so is my happiness level. Enjoy my loves for this week.
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette
Price: USD54.00 / CAD66.00
- A must have, staple in a makeup lover’s collection
- Suits any skin tone and shade
- Includes warm and cool tones, along with two beautiful matte blending/crease shades
- Great value
- One of the best eyeshadow formulations
- Comes with a high quality brush that I still use till today
- Lack of a matte black
Why it made it to my BotW: This is my first ever makeup palette, cute eh? I remember saving up change from months of lunch just to afford this palette. I remember clearly that this used to be CAD54.00, it’s crazy that it is sold for CAD66.00! I got it in the summer before grade 12, and this has been one of my most used palettes, and one of the few palettes I have not depotted, sold, thrown away, or given away. Love the shade range and quality!
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
Price: USD22.00 / CAD28.00
- Makes your eyeshadow blend like a dream
- Makes your eyeshadow colour pop more
- Extends your eyeshadow wear by 3x
- Easy to apply, easy to blend
- Comes with different formulations
- Anti-aging, non-transparent, etc.
- A tiny bit for each use
- Perfect packaing
- Squeeze tube with tiny opening
Why it made it to my BotW: I believe in eyeshadow primers – a great eyeshadow is even more amazing with a good, reliable eyeshadow primer. I have tried way too many eyeshadow primers on the market, ones from Too Faced, Nars, ELF, and Benefit. None compares to the Urban Decay one. I use it every time I wear eyeshadow, and this is my 3rd tube.
3. Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation
Price: USD52.00 / CAD64.00
- Great foundation for combination to oily skin
- Wears well in humid, sweaty weathers
- Thin, easy to blend formulation
- Beautiful glass packaging with a pump
- Lasts 7 hours +
- Shade range
- Creases easily
Why it made it to my BotW: There are some days where I need a bit of a heavier duty foundation, for a night out or some event. Diorskin Forever never lets me down, as long as I keep my facial expressions limited!
4. Ren Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
Price: GBP30.00 / CAD47.00
- Gentle, great for sensitive skin
- Really makes a different in soothing my skin
- Any skin type can use it
- The packaging is just genius! Pump cap and easy to see bottle.
- Weird scent
Why it made it to my BotW: Been going to bed early, which means more time for masks! Love this Ren mask. Ren says that you can use it more often than your regular masks. Unlike most masks which I use after a heavy makeup day, I love this masks for other reasons such as skin irritation. Love it after a hot day under the sun, or after harsh wind hitting my skin.
5. Chanel Wallet On Chain in Caviar Skin and Gold Hardware
Price: USD2500.00 / CAD2750.00
- The perfect light-weight bag that fits just what you need
- I usually fit my keys, car keys, a lipstick, a hand cream, 6 cards, some cash and coins
- Leather is super scratch proof
- Compact size makes it very easy on the shoulder
- Can be used as a cross body, shoulder, or clutch
- Makes any outfit look a lot classier
- Strap is not adjustable
Why it made it to my BotW: As my shoulders bother me more and more, I start to gravitate towards smaller bags. Chanel WOC makes sure I only bring what I need, and makes it easy on my shoulders. I love that it allows me to be handsfree.