Info: Shell pink silk chiffon Skull scarf with an all-over black skull motif and repeated skull pattern on the borders.
Best for those who:
- Want a light weight spring and fall scarf
- With sensitive skin (100% silk)
Product Range: 5/5
- Can’t be happier with the different colour combinations they come out with
- They have something for conservative dressers like me with neutral tones
- Also come in daring colours for those who go for a edgier style
- Comes in different patters other than the classic skulls – check it out here at Alexander McQueen
- You’re also not limited to the square scarf, sometimes different pattern are made into long, rectangular scarves!
Wear and Tear: 3.5/5
- It’s made out of 100% silk, a thin, semi transparent style, so it’s very delicate
- It snags onto almost anything – a slightly chipped nail, keys, the edge of a bag..
- Lighter colours are more prone to staining after getting dirty, so be careful
- It does not hold up to stretches, or any sort of pressure well
- Aside from all that, if you baby this scarf, the quality is amazing
- Does not change colour after years of wearing
- Stores easily – I actually just hang them in my room year round
Product Practicality: 2/5
- It’s not going to protect you from the cold, nor will it help cool down your body temperature
- It does a good job being that perfect accessory to make any boring outfit not-so-bland
Here’s a photo of me wearing it casually –
Other comments: 4/5
- I have seen people using it as a bag accessory, head accessory, as well as a belt. Be creative!
- Super thin silk, so it doesn’t hold it’s shape well if you prefer a more structured silk scarf (look into Hermes or Louis Vuitton)
This Alexander McQueen’s Silk Scarf is my favourite accessory for spring. It makes any outfit look just a tad more special. I have had this scarf for over 5 years, and I cannot say enough good things about it. It is a timeless, classic piece from Alexander McQueen, and something that a luxury starter should definitely look into. I believe that the different styles that AM come out with for their silk scarves, everyone in the world will find one that suits their style! The scarf screams class, style, with that teeny tiny edgy vibe.
Some outfit combos that I wear the scarf with –
- Denim and a t-shirt
- Skirt, tank top inside a cardigan
- Crop top and denim
- Oversized cardigan with super short shorts