Oh sun, how much I needed you during the winter. You are finally here and I am sure taking full advantage of it.
That tanned, slightly baked look is one of my favourites, although not many Asians can agree with me on that. I have always been a fan of getting a nice tan and dusting some bronzer over the face. This week was all about that tanned, bronzey glow, and I am loving it.
1. YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick in 62
Price: USD37.00 / CAD43.00
Links: YSL Beauty, Sephora
- Moisturizing, comfortable, does not need a balm under the product
- Very shiny, pretty colour payoff
- Beautiful packaging, actual metal instead of plastic
- Smells/tastes like mangoes!!!
- Lasts ~3 hours, which is amazing for a shiny lipstick
Why it made it to my BotW: It is no secret that I am the biggest sucker for YSL lipsticks. I have a small-ish collection of each of their different lippie lines. I don’t know how YSL does it, but they perfect lip products. This shade is my perfect go to shade with a slight baked base. It’s pink from the tube, but looks pink-ish nude when applied on bronzed skin.
2. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Chocolate Soleil (Medium to Deep)
Price: USD30.00 / CAD38.00
- The most blendable, natural looking bronzer I have ever used (and I am a bronzer addict)
- Smells like chocolate…..
- Creamy, soft formula that is fool proof with the right brush
- Offers 3 different shades
- Can also be used as contour for certain skin tones
- Gorgeous, magnetic packaging with a huge mirror
Why it made it to my BotW: I currently have 5 bronzers in my “daily makeup” vanity on rotation, and I have been reaching out to this one every day for the past 2 weeks. That says somethings right? It just gives the right amount of bronze, while looking like I came back from the beach. Yes to all that.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
Price: USD29.00 / CAD38.00
Links: Tarte Cosmetics, Sephora
- Lasts 10 hours +
- Super bendable over powder
- Product lasts forever
- Compact, with a mirror. Great for travelling.
- Packaging tells you exactly what shade you are using (great when you own multiple of these in different shades)
- Gives that “maybe you are, maybe you’re not blushing” look
Why it made it to my BotW: I have been a sucker for Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Blushes since I got into makeup. Their formulation is hands down #1 for me. They offer so many shades that you can find one to go well with any skin tone, and look. I never thought I’d wear a nude, brown-ish blush, but Exposed has changed my mind completely. You can probably tell from how much I have used it.
4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- Light weight moisturizer for the summer
- It absorbs almost instantly, making it perfect for under makeup
- Affordable (compared to other mid-high end skin care products)
- Easy to use pump with a light, travel friendly plastic packaging
- Gentle and comfortable on the skin
Why it made it to my BotW: I have gone through bottles and bottles of this, since when I was in high school. It never fails me to be a good, staple skin care product in my collection. I appreciate Clinique for not increasing the price, knowing that there are many die hard fans of this product.
5. Links of London Sweetie Charm Bracelet
Price (for just bracelet): USD245.00 / CAD295.00
Price (for each charm): USD80.00/CAD105.00
Links: Links of London
- Not a typical feminine bracelet
- Looks great with or without charms
- Does not feel obligated to fill up the entire bracelet with charms
- You an take out hoops or add more hoops to adjust however you want your bracelet to look
- Adorable charms
- Must go into the store to rearrange, add, or take out any charms
Why it made it to my BotW: A very unique bracelet that I always get asked about. It’s an Iconic British brand, so you’ll get a different feel from Pandora. Always exceptional service at the store, and love their charm selections.
6. Heatwave – Robin Schulz ft. Akon
One thought on “Week 11: Heatwave”
Reblogged this on LIFE STORY'S FROM LINCOLN.