Self love is such a strong topic that I talk about over and over again on this blog, yet I never actually mentioned the words “self love” until today. In fact, I only noticed it today when I was looking back at my posts.
Been through quite a bit in the past year or two, rough patches, some tears, and a lost soul. At the end of the day, I will always have myself here to feel the pain and heal the damage; learn from my mistakes and become someone better and stronger.
1. Guerlain KissKiss Creamy Satin Finish Lipstick in 302
Price: USD37.00 / CAD44.00
- Perfect my lip but better shade
- Beautiful, sleek packaging
- Thin, but creamy formula makes it very easy to apply
- Lasts less than 2 hours
- Must use a thick balm underneath it as it can be very drying
Why it made it to my BotW: Beauty comes in all shapes and forms, and wearing minimal makeup is definitely one. I love wearing this shade on days where I have a super bronzy but natural base, making me look like I just came back from the beach.
2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone
Price: USD38.00 / CAD46.00
- No visible glitter whatsoever
- Offers a variety of shades for any skin tones
- Creamy and blendable formula
- Gives you that intense, in your face JLo glow
- Easy to go overboard
Why it made it to my BotW: How can my summer even be called a summer when I’m not looking like a bronzy, glowy mess? Been obsessed with the Limited Edition ABH Amrezy Highlighter, but this just takes that to a next level.
3. Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in 10 and 60
Price: USD21.00 / CAD25.00
- Many colours to choose from
- Soft and buttery, makes application easy
- Opaque shades with 1 swatch
- Lasts 8 hours + on the lids
- Smudgable if you work fast after application
- Smudges on my lower lash line if I sweat
Why it made it to my BotW: Those who know me know well that I am not a fan of pencil liners. I would honestly still choose my liquid liners over these any day, but some days its just not about precision, and the wing flick. I love using these as a quick smudgy look. They get the job done, and last even longer on the lids by setting it with some eyeshadow.
4. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
Price: USD45.00 / CAD57.00
- Smells like heaven with beach
- Micro sparkles that make your skin look super flawless under light or the sun
- The most moisturizing body butter I’ve ever used
Why it made it to my BotW: You can’t get a body product to smell better than this. It’s the perfect body butter for dry skin, and the perfect scent for summer. I save this for special occasions where I want my skin to look blurred, and smell like a luxury nude beach. I’m not lying!
Price: USD790.00 / CAD830.00
- Softest lambskin you will ever stick your feet in
- Timeless, classic, stunning
- Goes well with almost any outfit
- Makes your feet look instantly smaller and prettier
- Holds up to its wear beautifully
- Will last decades if well taken care of
- Not suited for narrow feet
- Bottom is not cushioned
Why it made it to my BotW: One of my favourite pair of flats. The comfortability and prettiness cannot make me say no. I get so many complements from people, it’s insane! I love how it makes any outfit prettier, even a t-shirt with skinny jeans. I have had it soled by a cobbler when I first got them.