New week, let’s talk about some of my favourites that I have been using non-stop during my vacation in Asia. These loves have been through the Asia heat with me, and passed every test in my book!
Tell me what’s been happening, what’s been on your mind
Lately you’ve been searching for a darker place
To hide, that’s alright
1. Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
Price: USD22.00 / CAD29.00
- Waterproof, sweat proof, smudge-proof
- Opaque black pigment that doesn’t need a second layer
- Easy to use felt tip to create a wing
- Offers in plenty of shades such as Dark Brown, Green, White, etc.
- Does not dry out too quickly
- Lasts 12 hrs+
- The tip of the felt tip can sometimes get “fuzzy”
Why it made it to my BotW: I did not expect any liner to last through the high 30s humid weather in Thailand. There was not a single part of my body that did not sweat! I wore this from 8am – 8pm and there was not a single smudge or flake under my eye! There’s a reason why I keep buying this very time I use it up!
2. Dior DIORSKIN Forever – Perfect Makeup Everlasting Wear Pore-Refining Effect
Price: USD52.00 / CAD64.00
- Great for normal-oily skin
- Thin consistency that does not feel heavy on the skin
- Infused with skincare benefits
- Easy to use pump
- Does not move around the face under hot weather
- Clings on to any dry patches or wrinkle
Why it made it to my BotW: My face is sweat heaven when the weather gets hot. This is one of the few foundations that does not move around on my face, nor does it wear off easily. It can easily last through a hot humid day.
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Original
Price: USD22.00 / CAD28.00
- Make eyeshadows last at least 2x as long
- You get a ton of product
- Easy to use squeezy tube
- You only need a tiny bit
- Comes in many different formulas
- Does not change the way shadows blend and apply on the lids
Why it made it to my BotW: I have tried many eyeshadow primers, some make shadows apply patchy, some don’t allow the shadows to blend like butter. This is the only primer that makes shadows last the longest, and applies like it’s on my own lids! It’s definitely a must for any makeup lover, and a staple for eyeshadow lovers.
4. Paula’s Choice Skin Balance Ultra-Sheer Daily Defence Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Links: Paula’s Choice
- Non-greasy formula
- Thin consistency that gets absorbed in the skin within seconds
- Foundation applies nicely over the sunscreen
- Fragrance free
- Good for normal-oily skin
- You can only get it from Paula’s Choice website
Why it made it to my BotW: I wear sunscreen year round, so I am sort of a self proclaimed sunscreen expert. The more sunscreens I try, the pickier I get too. I have tried drugstore sunscreens as well as high end brands, and none have satisfied my picky taste until I spontaneously ordered and tried this one! It’s airy, it feels like nothing on the skin. The scent is minimal, almost not there. Foundation applies like a dream over it.
5. See By Chloé Small Hana Shoulder Bag
Price: USD372.00 / CAD486.00
- Adjustable shoulder strap, best for those who are shorter than 5’8 (pretty accommodating strap length)
- Light weight
- Comes in a variety of colours, and designs
- High quality leather that shows minimal wear and tear
- Hardware makes it versatile – can be worn with a dressy outfit, or t-shirt and jeans
- Great travel bag as it fits items such as passport, phone, and a small wallet
- It does not fit as much as it looks
- The magnetic closure is a bit too strong, which leads to tugging on the leather near the magnets
Why it made it to my BotW: Solo travelling which means I get a little scared carrying any nice bags. I left my LVs, and Chanels at home, and took this little guy with me to Asia. It fits a good amount to serve the purpose of a tourist – a small coin pouch for coins and bills, passport, phone, napkins, hand sanitizer, and a lipstick. I’ve used it for 2 months straight and the look of it definitely does not reflect how much it has gone through.