It’s that type of week with errands somehow filling up each and every day. It’s tax season, it’s dealing with and wrapping up the winter season, it’s getting ready for the summer body season. My days have been 8AM-11PM non-stop for the past week. And these goodies have stuck with me since day 1.
1. Urban Decay Naked Basics
- Small and compact
- It has all the basic mattes you need to create a pretty eye look
- Pretty, sheen shimmery shade can be used as a topper,over the lid colour, inner corner or browbone highlight
- It has a deep, matte, true black shade
- Normal fall out for a buttery, blendable formula
- Lasts 7 hours+ on the lids
Why it made it to my BotW: I don’t consider a “finished” full face without some sort of shadow on your lids, even a wash of shade can make you look more awake and put together. The first five out of the six colours can all be used as a 1 lid colour to create different effects. Easy to use – a makeup lover’s must have. It is also my most used palette of all time.
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye™ Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer
- Lasts 8 hours+
- Love the packing, easy to use squeeze tube with tiny opening, hygenic
- Undertone is perfect to cover dark circles
- A tiny bit goes a long way
- Easy to blend (I prefer with my fingers)
- Small shade range
Why it made it to my BotW: For the longest time, I struggled to find the perfect undereye concealer. I have bad dark circles, and by bad I mean, if I don’t wear this, I’d get asked if I’m sick or whether I did not sleep at least 5 times a day. It was so hard to find something for my undereye that did not turn yellow, or was not too pink. My skin tone is very neutral, if I wear a yellow-based undereye corrector or concealer, it looks like I smeared yellow paint, almost looking orange. And same goes with pink undertone concealers. This IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereyes not only cover most of my dark circles, I can also wear this without a highlighting concealer over because it is so pretty! Perfect shade for those who struggle with shades!
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Cherry
- Lovely lemonade scent
- Stunning colour that can be applied sheer or medium opacity
- Secure, sturdy packaging
- On the thicker side
- I like to apply it and dab it in with my fingers
Why it made it to my BotW: I’ve been digging red lips lately, but not the type of red where I’m about to get married at a traditional Chinese ceremony. This red looks effortless, almost as if I bit into a strawberry.
4. Bumble and Bumble All-Style Blow Dry
- It works well
- No after-scent, residue, whatsoever
- You only need a tiny amount
- I have VERY long and thick hair, and I use about a quarter size each time
- I use it 4-5 times a week (every time I wash my hair) for the past year and it’s still going strong
Why it made it to my BotW: I would let my hair air dry probably once or twice a year, so I do a lot of heat damage with my blow dryer to my hair for a fact. It’s amazing how this heat protectant protected my hair so well, that they look like they have never gone through anything! Let’s be honest, life is too busy for my/your thick hair to wait to dry itself. It’s always wash, dry, and you’re outta the door. This product is a lifesaver.
5. Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber
- The warmest jacket you can probably get on the market
- Extremely light – you can walk in this all day with a sweater underneath and not feel a thing
- Comes in many colours now
- I’ve had mine for 5+ years and it’s holding up very well
Why it made it to my BotW: It’s time to send all my winter jackets, cashmere pieces for dry cleaning, and every year for the past 5 years, I still have not thanked Canada Goose enough for getting m through our cold winter days.