Near the end of my vacation and I am super over this humid, hot weather. I am sweating buckets and buckets, even when I am not doing anything. Crazy.
Simply yet sophisticated look is what I go for now. I don’t have the patience to do a dramatic full face and watch it melt off half way throughout the day. Staples that hold up for more than 8 hours have been seriously been loved in the past week.
1. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Price: USD30.00 / CAD37.00
- Sweat proof
- Does not move around after setting
- Does not crease on fine lines
- Easy to use doe foot applicator
- Amazing range of 22 shades
- Creamy, easy to blend, easy to use
- Simple packaging that is great for travelling
- Creases easily if you have more “serious” lines
Why it made it to my BotW: I don’t have the best quality of sleep on vacation usually, and I rely on this little tube of concealer to brighten up on under eyes. I dot 2 dots over my under eye concealer (IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye) and blend it in with my finger tips. Lasts all day and looks natural!
2. Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup
Price: USD26.00 / CAD33.00
- Super creamy powder that meshes well with your base
- Can be used as a powder foundation or setting powder
- Light to medium coverage; buildable
- Cracks VERY easily
- 6 shades available
Why it made it to my BotW: I have been religiously setting my foundation or BB cream with this or the Mac Studio Fix Powder. I love both and for setting my base, I see little difference in the two. The Mac simply provides a slightly more coverage. It looks natural and never cracks.
3. Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer
Price: USD30.00 / CAD38.00
- The most natural looking shimmery bronzer I have ever used
- Offers two shades of bronze
- Blends easily and does not look patchy
- Lasts up to 8 hours of wear
- Product will last a very long time (I have the deluxe size and the photo was taken after using it every single day for 1.5 months!)
- Gives a sexy tanned, sun kissed glow!
Why it made it to my BotW: I am definitely purchasing the full size after I use it up, in fact, I already have it on my wish list for the next Sephora sale! I don’t think I can leave the house without this sucker on my face. I looks like 100% my own tanned skin glowing from within. It’s a staple for my summer makeup looks.
4. L’OCCITANE 100 percent Pure Shea Butter
- The only thing that works on my dry patches
- Comes in a super portable size (0.35 oz), and a huge tin size (5.2 oz)
- A little goes a long way
- Organic and fair trade (for Canada), and only organic (for USA)
Why it made it to my BotW: The Asian air doesn’t treat my skin well. My skin is doing all sorts of reactions, and one of them is random dry patches around my body. This little guy gets the dryness out in 2 days, plus it is organic. What is there not to love?
5. Fitbit Charge 2
Price: USD149.95 / CAD 199.95
- Simple and chic design that is suitable for casual wear or office wear
- Easy to use app
- Has a ton of functions that make it really worth the money
- Wrist bands can be changed and washed
- Tracks your sleeping quality
- Can be connected to many apps such as My Fitness Pal and other running/fitness related apps
- Charges fast
Why it made it to my BotW: I have been walking a lot on my vacation and Fitbit helps me track my progress. It allows me to monitor my heart rate, take it easy to when needed, and increase my pace when I want to burn my calories. I learned a lot about myself and my health from this watch.