It’s not burning hot outside anymore. I should be happy but I’m not, because that means summer is almost over. Let’s make the most out of this summer.
Lost, but now I am found
I can see, but once I was blind
I was so confused as a little child
Tried to take what I could get, scared that I couldn’t find
All the answers, honey
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter
Price: USD28.00 / CAD36.00
Links: Limited Edition
- Blends easily into skin
- Buildable from a sheen to a “bam” highlighter
- Suitable for any under tone
- Gives a glossy, wet finish
- Does not flake
- Lasts 5-6 hours
- Limited edition!
Why it made it to my BotW: I’m trying to wear as much highlight as I can before the winter season arrives. This highlighter plus some bronzed up skin screams summer, and I love it!
2. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes
Price: USD26.00 / CAD35.00
Links: Sephora, Laura Mercier
- One of the many under eye setting powder that prevents any major creasing
- Sets under eye for the whole day
- Prevents mascara transferring
- Smooth, finely milled powder that is easy to use
- Slight shimmer that makes your under eye brighten even more under certain lighting
- A tiny bit goes a long way
Why it made it to my BotW: One of these little guy lasts probably 2 years for me, and even longer when I use it in rotation with my Hourglass powder. And this is my second jar! That is how much I love it. It does the job and makes sure that my under eye looks perfect all the time.
3. Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in 102 Beige Plume
Price: USD36.00 / CAD44.00
- Sleek leather case and sturdy opening/closing
- Creamy, buildable shade
- A wide range of colours
- Does not feather around the lips
- Does not require any sort of lip liner
- Must use a moisturizing lip balm under it
- Slight chemical scent
Why it made it to my BotW: I love the Le Rouge line, and looking forward to expand my shade range. It’s a creamy, silky texture that wears comfortably on the lips. On days where I don’t want anything “myself” (berries and mauves), I always reach for this MLBB shade.
4. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Boosting Essence Water
- Half of what I dispensed out in the photo is required for full face and neck
- Easy to use
- I squeeze some in my palm and pat it over my skin
- Absorbs fast into the skin
- Moisturizes skin without feeling sticky at all
- Makes skin feel plumped and healthy
- Great for sensitive skin
Why it made it to my BotW: I use this after my toner but before my serum and moisturizing in the day. It’s a step I can never miss. After I started religiously using it, my skin has given me less problem due to dryness. The fact that it requires so little product, and it’s so easy to apply makes it a really amazing product.
5. Jo Malone Nashi Blossom Cologne (Limited Edition Packaging)
Price: USD140.00 / CAD 175.00
Links: Jo Malone
- Perfect, fruity, light scent for Spring and Summer
- Lasts 6 hours
- Unique, distinct notes
Why it made it to my BotW: Jo Malone is my favourite fragrance brand because it’s just so unique. I love feeling life myself, and so many of their scents fit perfectly in my daily life, whether I’m feeling like walking through a garden, going to a jazz bar, or having a fun girls night out.
2 thoughts on “Week 19: Lost But Found”
I’m gonna have to try that Laura Mercier under eye powder! Thank you!
That Jo Malone Cologne sounds amazing! I really love my sea salt and wood sage Jo Malone so I definitely need to check this scent out too 😍
– Cherrie ♡